T’s & C’s
CHRISTCHURCH UNITED TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To maintain the financial sustainability of the club and ensure cashflow.
The CUFC Board recognises that there has been an increase of bad debt in 2019. A stricter “no pay, no play” policy is required to ensure club debt does not increase as Christchurch United Football Club progresses through the football season / Academy terms.
This policy applies to the board and all personnel involved Christchurch United Football Club who provide a service to parents/players.
1. Full Year Commitment
When registering for the Christchurch United Football Club Academy parents/players are committing themselves to a one-year programme consisting of four ten-week terms and the associated costs.
If a player/parent wishes to depart the Christchurch United, a refund of Mainland Levies will be granted if an email is received from the player/parent by 20th March 2020. The Mainland Levies can also be transferred if transferring to a new football club.
2. Payment Structure (Academy & Winter Teams)
All unwritten and unratified parent/player agreements are null and void. Christchurch United Football Club will no longer honour payment plans agreed between former employees of the club and parent/players.
Should parents/players wish to seek financial support from the Club a formal letter requesting support should be presented in writing to the board for ratification.
As of 2020, Christchurch United Football Club will be offering three payment structures for parents/players.
- Payment in full for the entire year received prior to term one. An invoice will be issued upon receipt of the parent/players deposit.
- Four termly payments. One payment received prior to the beginning of each term. Parents/players will be invoiced at the end of each term in preparation for the following term.
- Direct Debit. Direct Debit is now the preferred option for parent/players who wish to spread the cost of academy fees. There is a one time set up fee at the beginning of the year. Parents/players will be notified when payments are withdrawn from their bank accounts.
3. Other Payments
Payments for programmes, other than academy programmes and winter teams, need to be paid in full prior to the start of the programme or term.
Christchurch United Football Club will not cover costs associated with team excursions or tournaments. Individual teams are responsible all costs associated with tournaments.
4. Payment Method (All)
Christchurch United Football Club accept many payment methods. These include:
- Online – Internet banking (12-3482-0029386-00)
- In person – Cash, credit card or debit card
- Direct Debit – Five fortnightly payments per term
5. Overdue Accounts
As of 2020, Christchurch United Football Club has a “no pay no play policy”. In order to be fair to all members, the club will adhere to a very strict policy of requiring fees to be paid, or a direct debit, set up prior to the first training session of each term.
Parents/players who do not pay in advance or who have not set up a direct debit will not be allowed to train or play for Christchurch United Football Club. Parents/players will be notified by email when this happens.
Parent/players who have not paid fees for previous years will be unable to play for Christchurch United Football Club the following season and will have any request to transfer to another Club denied. Both situations can be remedied with payment of outstanding fees.
6. Refund Policy
The club will consider refunds based on one of the following criteria:
- Injury or illness
- A pro rata credit will be provided if a player sustains a long-term injury for more than a three-month period. The player will require a medical certificate.
- Change of work situation for parents; change of home situation
- Cancellation prior to term one will incur a 20% cancellation fee
A request for a refund needs to be addressed to the board and put in writing to the club chairman, Malcolm Hinman (email@example.com)
PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
Christchurch United is committed to the long-term development of junior and youth football players as well-rounded athletes and productive and respected citizens. Therefore, each player will be expected to follow the Christchurch United Code of Conduct and each parent is expected to help enforce these principles.
· Love the game. Have Fun. Play to win.
· Learn the official rules. Play by the rules.
· Don’t argue and abuse game officials, opponents and spectators.
· Accept victory and defeat with dignity.
· Players will shake hands with their opponents after each game.
· Respect teammates, coaches, parents, game officials and opponents’ achievements.
· Cooperate with your coach, teammates and the opposition. Without them there is NO game.
· Always try to perform to the best of your ability. This way, your team will benefit from your effort.
· Promote the Code of Conduct to all.
PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Parents of Christchurch United players serve as important role models to their children and to all other children and parents they may come into contact with at football grounds. Christchurch United expects each parent to agree to the following code-of-conduct principles.
· Agree to abide by the Code of Conduct.
· Christchurch United parents will learn the rules of football and understand the game format for their child’s age group.
· Remember that children participate in SPORT for their enjoyment, not yours.
· Encourage children to participate and DO NOT force them. Leave the coaching to the coach.
· Encourage children to play by the rules.
· Never yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a game.
· Respect teams, other spectators and game officials and their decisions. Teach children to do the same.
· Show appreciation for coaches and game officials.
· Remember children learn by example.
· Creation of a safe environment for our children is absolutely paramount to our club.
· Our club does not accept any abusive behaviour, verbally or physically, towards our players, coaches or any other person, and any abuse will be reported to the police.
· Christchurch United parents will follow a 48-hour rule before contacting coaches after a game.
· The code of conduct is applicable at our premises, as well as at any other locations where you or your child represent Christchurch United.
· Promote the Code of Conduct to all.