Warmest greetings to all Christchurch United FC family and friends,
A massive thank you for your support during the 2017 year. It has been a very challenging year where we have done a lot done to make sure Christchurch United FC grows in the right direction to be one of the best clubs in 2018 and beyond in terms of player development, coaching accreditations, and training methodology.
I personally would like to acknowledge all players, coaches, parents, and volunteer efforts this year, without you all we would not have made it through this year.
Despite the challenges this year, I would like to mention of some of our 2017 achievements and developments so we can look forward to 2018.
2017 club achievements
- First year as Christchurch United FC merging the Christchurch Football Academy with the Spreydon based Christchurch United
- New Technical Director appointed mid-season, Fernando Lambert
- New Academy Director appointed for 2018, Colin Williamson
- One of only 2 Canterbury clubs to achieve ALL Coaching Accreditations towards our Regional Youth League Club ‘Y’ Licence and Regional League Club ‘C’ Licence
- Senior Div 3 and Presidents 2017 and U14 Rams teams winning their divisions
- Finished the season in third spot (losing 6 points to administrative errors)
- Best defence of the season
- Two players selected to play for the Canterbury United Dragons
- Two U16 National Age Group Tournament players on First Team
- Youngest player invited to the 32-squad U15 Girls National Talent Centre, Sam Senior
- 30 plus South Island representative players (U11-6 players, U12-13 players, U13-13 players, U14–1 player, U14G–2 players, U16–1 player, club with most representative players in the region)
- 15 Dragons Talent Centre players (U12 and U13 grade, club with the most Junior Dragons players in the region)
- U14G National Age Group Tournament girls MVP, Darsha Keogan
- U12 South Island Tournament MVP player, Callum De Clark
- U11 South Island Tournament MVP player, Matthew Foord
- Implemented a very success Girls only program
With so many achievements in 2017, we are really looking forward to 2018.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, we look forward to seeing you in 2018.
Holiday Office Hours
Christchurch United would like to extend everyone a very happy holiday season and hope that everyone involved in our football community has a very Happy New Year and a prosperous 2018.
Our office closes down fir 2017 on Friday 22 December, at 12.00 pm and re-opens on Monday 15th January 2018.
We thank all of you for your fantastic support throughout 2017 and we hope that you and your families have a great festive break.
Friday 22 December 2017, 12.00 pm
Monday 15 January 2018